Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hey fat kid!


Firstly, let me start with an apology. This blog is designed to be about my year in America and I took this picture at the Great Wall of China, but just stay with me for a minute theres going to be a tenuous link.

In case the above picture isn't clear, it says;

"This wall was built without American aid or loan from the world bank".




A few days ago, I heard a conversation loosely related to Americas foreign policy. To cut a long story short, someone had said with regards to the fighting in Afghanistan, "if they wanted to, they could have what we have" and I believe "they" referred to Taliban, etc...

An American commented on this by likening it to a fat spoilt kid, who said "hey everyone come see how good I am". 

That comment made me think of the above picture I took in China. Theres your tenuous link, hope you liked it.



The entire wall and its branches measures 13,171 miles, its main purpose was to protect the Chinese empire from incursions from Nomadic groups or Military forces.



Some cool images of what seemed to be graffiti daubed on the interior walls of a restaurant.





From what I've seen China and America share one key feature, they are both fiercely patriotic, maybe this is what makes them great nations?

No comments:

Post a Comment